Updated May 18, 2020
- Customer Service Response Update: Please be advised that due to increased contact volume, we are experiencing longer than usual wait times if you call, email, or chat with us. We are working hard to manage the increase in support inquiries and fulfill shipments as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience, and we look forward to continuing to serve our customers during this critical time.
- Delivery Times and Service Guarantees: CDW is actively working to ship orders as promptly as possible. Customers can expect minimal shipping delays, with the possibility of orders arriving up to one day behind schedule. Given the increasing number of shelter-in-place orders across the country and reduced capacity of flight cargo space, some shipments may be impacted by delivery delays. If a business has signage posted indicating it is closed, if possible, it is recommended to also post signage indicating deliveries are being accepted, with a location.
- Distribution Centers: CDW is actively engaged in ensuring our safety and cleaning protocols align with CDC recommendations. We have implemented new shifts in our Distribution Centers to minimize risks as well as dedicated time for a deeper cleaning of the work environment. As part of these changes, the CDW offices and Distribution Centers are not open to visitors.
- Configurations: Our SLAs are fluid right now with the change in operations schedules and the increases in volume. We are working on what the new norm will be and can provide updates on request.
- Shipping & Delivery: CDW is committed to servicing our customers in this unprecedented time of need. A crucial aspect of our ability to service our customers is transportation and freight. We recommend customers refer to guidelines and statements provided by the carriers delivering their shipments to understand their safety protocols. Below is a consolidated view of our current shipping and delivery information.
- UPS: UPS continues to deliver worldwide. In the U.S., UPS is designated among the government’s critical infrastructure and, therefore, operations continue as normal. If destination addresses are not accessible due to business closure or quarantine, shipments will be held for nine (9) business days until the destination is cleared for delivery. If the destination is cleared within nine (9) business days, UPS will re-attempt delivery, prior to returning the shipment to sender. Alternate delivery locations may be available as well, depending on the destination location. UPS standard practice is to utilize exception codes providing updates to impacted shipments. UPS has suspended the UPS Service Guarantee for all shipments from any origin to any destination until further notice. UPS expects to see delays within the Air and Ground networks. Signature Required Services have been modified. Drivers will ensure packages are delivered to the consignee but will not be exchanging the signature board to capture a signature. Drivers will not release packages without the consignee being available to retrieve them, and if applicable verify the age (over 21) of the consignee. UPS is also taking additional precautions when delivering to healthcare facilities. All UPS drivers delivering to healthcare related locations are provided a mask to wear while performing the delivery.
- FedEx: FedEx is considered an essential business and will continue to operate under state of emergency and shelter in place orders recently issued in the U.S. Local, state, and national government work and travel restrictions change daily which are impacting FedEx’s ability to meet their high standards of service. Delays are to be expected. Signature guidelines are being temporarily adjusted for all shipments within the United States, except for Adult Signature Required (ASR) shipments. In efforts to minimize physical interactions, customers may be asked to verify recipient name in lieu of a physical signature. FedEx is still collecting recipient information. For shipments with the adult signature service option selected, couriers will still request a physical signature and require a government issued photo ID.
- CEVA: CEVA is operating in all 50 states including US Territories. This includes states that have a “Shelter in Place” order. CEVA will make two (2) delivery attempts, after which the shipment will be returned to sender. Signature Required Services have been modified to eliminate physical interaction. White Glove Service Offerings have been suspended (Inside delivery, uncrate and de-trash, etc.). Delays are to be expected based on regional and governmental regulation.
- UPS Freight: UPS Freight is designated among the government’s critical infrastructure and, therefore, operations continue as normal. In order to reduce physical interaction, White Glove services (Inside delivery, uncrate and de-trash, etc.) are suspended until further notice.
- Shipment Cost: CDW maintains strong partnerships with our carriers and is actively working to reduce the impact of COVID-19 on shipment cost. CDW has seen an increase in surcharges and shipping rates, but at this time CDW customers are not impacted by these increases.
- Service Continuity: All CDW locations follow our pandemic response and continuity strategies. A majority of our coworkers are enabled to work from anywhere, enabled through various technologies allowing access to systems, data and tools to effectively perform in their roles, whether in a CDW office or at home.
- Security Controls: CDW maintains appropriate security mechanisms to protect systems and data. Many CDW coworkers, including a robust 1,200+ services delivery organization, work outside CDW offices with secure access to our systems routinely. As a result of having previously implementing secure, effective solutions for scalability and continuity of services, changes to security controls are not needed to implement CDW’s work from home strategies.
- Partner Commitments: CDW maintains governance over partners, including contractual obligations, ongoing communications, and the use of redundant highly available infrastructure. In highly fluid situations such as this, communication is of paramount importance. We are regularly in contact with our partner ecosystem to mitigate the risks associated with any single partner’s inability to perform.