- It supports devices in remote locations for more secure and temperature-controlled environment
- Quickly access critical devices with less than a second switching
- This allows you to have desktop experience remotely with no compromise on video quality or control
- It supports peripherals such as DVI-D video
- digital audio
- mouse and other USB devices
The Vertiv Avocent HMX5100 - IP KVM Receiver (HMX5100R-001) is a high performance KVM extender that provides access to system computers via a CATx network, allowing users the ability to access and share computing resources. The system enables you to locate critical computing hardware in a secure, temperature-controlled environment, away from the user work station to maintain component integrity. It is ideal for demanding applications such as pre- and post-production editing, control rooms and collaborative environments. The system provides a high degree of security through its ability to disable the use of non-HID devices, eliminating the need to block USB ports to prevent the use of mass storage devices. It includes one USB-B input ports and one system audio output port. KVM Extender Unlimited extension distances beyond the standard 100-meter cable length using standard IP network. Save Time The KVM system has hotkey capability and allows fast, less than a second switching so devices can be accessed quickly. High Resolution The Avocent HMX5000 provides access to DVI-D video resolution of up to 1920 x 1200 @60Hz. At the Desktop Experience It allows real time desktop experience even if the devices are in remote, more secure and temperature-controlled environment.